Senior Reservoir Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
- Carry out deepwater Gulf of Mexico field and reservoir studies on the Paleogene (Wilcox) formation as part of an integrated project team.
- Perform classical reservoir engineering functions, including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics estimations, water-flood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis and production forecasting, while working with high-pressure/high-temperature reservoir systems with wellhead pressures that exceed 15,000 psi.
- Characterize and model deepwater complex reservoirs and perform economic analyses on large standalone Gulf of Mexico deepwater mega-projects.
- Use Integrated Production Modelling software (including MBAL, PROSPER, and GAP), pressure-gradient software, and flow-simulation software to gather and analyze deepwater reservoir engineering data, monitor well and reservoir performance, estimate reserves, predict future performance to ensure optimum recovery, and determine if projects meet company economic thresholds.
- Provide reservoir engineering and economic support using ARIES Petroleum Economics and Reserves Software including compiling capital and operating expenditures cost estimates.
- Organize and maintain reservoir, well, and field data to provide engineering consulting firms with appropriate data for reserve audits.
- Provide engineering input into subsurface risk discussions and decisions relating to the generation of deterministic and probabilistic ranges of resource potential, estimated production rates, conceptual development plans, cost estimates, and project timing and perform sensitivity analysis on critical factors.
- Analyze and interpret wireline-pressure and fluid-sample data to characterize reservoir continuity and/or compartmentalization.
- Actively screen and evaluate deepwater Gulf of Mexico oil-field acquisition and divestiture opportunities and participate in data rooms (physical and virtual) to provide reservoir engineering and economic assessments.
- Identify and analyze near-asset exploration opportunities, including subsurface risk analysis, predrill volumetric and production forecasting, and predrill development concept scoping, as part of an exploration prospect evaluation team.
- Support exploration and appraisal teams in the evaluation of deepwater Gulf of Mexico projects, including construction of economic models, probabilistic estimation of reserve potential, play analysis, production forecasting, evaluation of possible development scenarios, commercial thresholds, capital commitments, operating expenses, and overall operational plans.
- Prepare and present technical presentations to management, peer review groups and technical committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related field.
- 8 years of experience with evaluating and developing deepwater reservoirs as part of an integrated project team for exploration and production companies, at least 3 years of which specifically focused on the Paleogene (Wilcox) formation in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
- 3 years experience working with high-pressure/high-temperature reservoir systems with wellhead pressures in excess of 15,000 psi.
- Experience with characterizing and modelling deepwater complex reservoirs and performing economic analyses on large standalone Gulf of Mexico deepwater megaprojects.
- Experience with classical reservoir-engineering concepts, including decline curve analysis, material balance, volumetrics, waterflood studies, pressure transient analysis, nodal analysis, and production forecasting.
- Experience with identifying and evaluating deepwater Gulf of Mexico oil-field acquisition candidates.
- Experience with divestiture of deepwater Gulf of Mexico oil-field assets, including establishing and organizing data rooms.
- Experience with Integrated Production Modelling software (including MBAL, PROSPER, and GAP).
- Experience with economic-analysis software (e.g., ARIES).
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting wireline-pressure and fluid-sample data.
- Experience with pressure-gradient software.
- Experience with flow-simulation software.
- Experience compiling capital and operating expenditure cost estimates.
- Experience with identifying and analyzing near-asset exploration opportunities.
- Approximately 10% domestic travel required.
If you are interested in this position, please send email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to mark the subject line: Job Code PP
Ready to drill deeper? Contact Venari.